Monday, April 24, 2006

technical difficulties...



Pisces - April 24th, 2006 - Today, you are Blogger's Bitch. Bend over and enjoy!

You know, I thought I was being all clever, using a customizable template as a way around my weak HTML skills, in order to have a simple, personalized logo. However, I've come to realize that in order to allow everyone to post comments, I'll have to shut off word verification and allow everyone to post comments...

Can I interest you all in some spam w/ your coffee? MMMM mmmm!

Funny story... the wife ordered a decaf iced latte from a certain downtown coffee shop (which shall remain nameless). When they handed it over decaf and "skinny" (skim milk) which tastes, of course, like crapola - she called them on it. The barista (who is known for this kind of monkey business) came up w/ the brilliant solution of "topping it off" with half and half. Because as everyone knows - mixing skim milk and half and half magically creates whole milk.


Unfortunately, this is kind of what we've come to expect from this particular downtown hot spot, which, of course, will remain (ahem, cough) unnamed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout, although I don't understand why you have to turn off the verification?
What I don't understand even more is why they would mix half&half with skim to achieve a hybrid disguise? That just sounds crappy anyway. But then, there are a lot of stupid people that won't notice differences like that, hence the popularity of Starschmucks.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't get the verification thing either, but they mentioned it in the notes where I got the template from.

The atmosphere of the place in question is the best in town, but the offending barista is a constant problem. If I was to pick up a cup from Morebucks and drink it there it would be a vast improvement.

(tho that's not saying much)